Friday, April 11, 2008

Part 1 The art of gift giving - My story

www.corporategiftsboston.com

Here is the beginning of my tale, how it started and where my business is today. Read with interest and watch for futher info's on gift giving around the world with Corporate Gifts Boston!

That time of year has arrived again, and oh the dread of what do I buy them?? Whether a birthday, an anniversary or Hannukah or Christmas. They have everything! Either they are elderly and would have no interest in the frivolous items that the shops market constantly or they have reached that place in their life where they just have it all or they are too darn fussy for anyone to know what they would like or hate!

This was my dilemma many years ago with a dear friend who had it all. So, I decided to buy my best friend a bamboo trinket box with drawers and fill each drawer with various small fancies of things that she, like a child, would love to un-wrap and chortle over with glee. I was right, she loved it! I mixed candies with soaps shaped like cherubs and lace doilies and cookies and notepaper etc.etc. Such a pot-pourri but it had the desired effect of being a surprise within a surprise and this made me continue with my ‘different’ gift giving each season for not just her, but all my friends and family.

3 comments:

Jeri - Colorado said...

Eve,
Your story is so inspirational! I checked out your website and was amazed by high quality your baskets are! Keep up the good work!
You are an inspiration to us all.

corporategiftsboston@gmail.com said...

Jeri = thank you for your comments, I must have been trained well!!!!!

corporategiftsboston@gmail.com said...

A bamboo trinket box is a drawer set made of bamboo for jewellery.