Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Part 6 boxes little boxes - shipping my nemeses!

www.corporategiftsboston.com


It’s amazing how resilient and adaptive one becomes when a ‘clanger’ threatens to ruin all you have accomplished thus far. Hey, so I will amend my business cards and brochures with wonderful Avery stickers! So my beautiful olive green and gold embossed ‘gift baskets etc.’ ribbon can now be descriptive ribbon as opposed to the name of my business! Ta da! And what a great reason to have to go back to all those gift recipients and supply a brochures and courtesy note regarding your impromptu name change. Hey you have to see the glass half full!

The shipping of gifts was a lesson in itself. They looked magnificent! But alas, did I have the right size boxes to ship them? Could I squeeze them into a slightly smaller box and what about my wonderful pom pom hand made bows? I tried a card collar, it made them look like a pet collar, like the ones they get at the vets office to prevent them licking their wounds! I bent down the plumage ready to be puffed up again on receipt. Hmmmmm. It worked but, the taller the boxes the more expensive the shipping! Over to the United States Postal Service, much cheaper for those bigger boxes. Got to have a secondary form of shipping.

Lesson four Go for lower handled baskets or trays, still look utterly fabulous but easier on the check book…….. plus put your ‘to die for bows’ on the side or make them simpler and still elegant with a simple tied bow. Wire ribbon can still look ‘manifique’ when tied simply and twisted this way and that.

No comments: